Nest In Style Has Moved. Come Visit Us!
The Nest In Style (NIS) podcast has finally moved to its new home, a brand-spanking-new website, aHa! Home & Garden. We will no longer be posting cool home and garden stuff here, you gotta check out our new digs. If you’re one of our NIS groupies, the new RSS subscription feed for the Nest In Style podcast and new aHa! Home & Garden blog is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/AhaHomeAndGarden.
Why the new aHa! Home & Garden Blog?
I started with Nest In Style as a plain ol’ garden lifestyle blog a few years ago to share my DIY adventures and lust for modern style (even though my garden looks more mish-mashy than any one style). Once I decided to launch aHa! Modern Living, an online garden lifestyle store a little over a year ago, I quickly realized that people thought I was two different people with two different businesses. It was crazy confusing!
Transforming Nest In Style from a blog to a podcast was my first attempt to minimize the confusion, yet still hold onto my NIS followers. The new podcast also allows me to collaborate with more people from the garden, foodie and design worlds. Not to mention the pleasure of working with my lovely co-host Teresa O’Connor of Seasonal Wisdom.
Online users are an interesting bunch…Not everyone loves the personal fluff of blogs and flashy social media badges during their online shopping experience. On the other hand, there’s a very socially conscious group of people who love to interact online. You can’t be everything to everybody, so creating aHa! Home & Garden was the compromise.
What you can expect from the new aHa! Home & Garden Blog
- Monthly Nest In Style podcasts armed with home and garden tips for seasonal living. And yes, by “garden,” I mean canning, edibles, ornamentals, design, sprouts to Gen X to grannies (and grandpas), urban homesteading, the environment, and anything else I left out that you may think of. If you can link it back to soil, then I consider anything a “garden” lifestyle.
- More DIY projects from my own backyard, and hopefully from readers too!
- Guest posts from farmers, foodies, designers, other garden bloggers, book authors (did I mention I’ll have a new book out soon?)
- My ramblings as a first-time co-author of a soon-to-be-released book, Garden Rules: Snappy Synopsis for the Modern Gardener.
- More contests and giveaways.
- Photo sharing from the Nest In Style Flickr Group. Join us and share your garden pretties!
- Easy-to-remember garden rules to get you started or sharpen the saw.
- Continuation of our Stupid Garden Jokes. You have to subject yourself at least once in your lifetime.
- A growing list of reputable and fun resources.
- Coming Soon: VIDEOS!