DIY Modern Succulent Patio Wall
Apartment Therapy is a great source for simple, stylish projects for the everyday do-it-yourselfer. Check out this modern succulent wall made of 12″ cynderblocks by Annette Guttierez with Pot-ted, a nursery and patioscape shop based in Los Angelos. This wall would also look great planted with various kitchen herbs or cut-and-grow lettuces. Whatever the size your balcony or patio may be, you can easily make this planter wall any size to accommodate any outdoor space. Keep the wall at about hip height to avoid the wall falling over without supports. Safety first!
5 Uses for A Modern Patio Wall
- Hide ugly retaining walls that would be too expensive to replace.
- Divide large patios to create different outdoor spaces for reading, entertaining, gardening or conversing with friends.
- Create unobtrusive boundaries between you and the neighbors, lawn and patio, play areas and sitting areas, etc. Get the idea?
- Show off your amazing succulent collections without having to buy tons of little pots that quickly clutter up small spaces.
- Add visual interest to otherwise boring slabs of concrete. Paint it a bright color for even more drama.